Did you know that over 2.2 million Canadian men and women have their firearms license? That’s more Canadians than there are moose! If you already knew that, well good on ya eh! But if you didn’t, that’s ok too, because there’s always something new to learn. So read on or watch the video below to see how many of these Canadian gun stats you know!
- 500,000,000 ammunition cartridges are fired safely and responsibly by civilian shooters each year.
- 12,708,000 firearms are owned for hunting, farming, ranching, collecting, engineering, protection, recreation, competition, education, history, art, and other legal purposes.
- 2,216,509 men and women got their federal firearm licence as of Dec 31, 2019.
- 936,459 handguns were registered to civilian individuals as of Apr 30, 2019.
- 75,634 – AR-15 target rifles were registered as of Aug 2019.
- 4,500 registered firearm and ammunition companies are in business.
- 3,000 guns are transacted legally every day.
- 1,000 handguns and other restricted rifles are transacted legally each week.
- 365 days per year gun licence owners are getting background checked.
- 13.4 percent of restricted firearm licence holders are women.
- 13 percent of the male population have a firearm licence.
- 9 Olympic medals were brought home by Canadian competitive shooters.
- 3 World Records in long-range sniper shots were set by the Canadian Armed Forces.
- 2 Team Canada shooters in the 2016 Summer Olympics were both women.
And last but not least, there’s the 1 and only Canadas Gun Store! A big shout out to our friends at TheGunBlog.ca for providing most of these stats. Knowledge is power, so be sure to share them with your closest gunnies and stay up-to-date on the latest numbers here.
For more Canadian Gunnie lifestyles, news, and culture don’t forget to subscribe.